FlightX Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slovakia- Bratislava

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PeterKocis

PeterKocis

Aantal berichten : 22
Registratiedatum : 2011-03-09
Leeftijd : 28

Slovakia- Bratislava Empty
PostSubject: Slovakia- Bratislava   Slovakia- Bratislava EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:01 am

The Slovak Republic is the heart of Europe. It has a population 5 435 273 and an area of about 49,000 square kilometres. Slovakia is a landlocked country bordered by the Czech Republic and Austria to the west, Poland to the north, Ukraine to the east and Hungary to the south. The largest city is the capital, Bratislava, and the second largest is Košice.

The Slovak landscape is noted primarily for its mountainous nature, with the Carpathian Mountains extending across most of the northern half of the country. Amongst these mountain ranges are the high peaks of the Tatra mountains. To the north, close to the Polish border, are the High Tatras which are a popular skiing destination and home to many scenic lakes and valleys as well as the highest point in Slovakia, the Gerlachovský štít at 2,655 metres (8,711 ft), and the country's highly symbolic mountain Kriváň.

The Slovak climate lies between the temperate and continental climate zones with relatively warm summers and cold, cloudy and humid winters. The area of Slovakia can be divided into three kinds of climatic zones and the first zone can be divided into two sub-zones

Bratislava is a large international motorway junction: The D1 motorway connects Bratislava to Trnava, Nitra, Trenčín, Žilina and beyond, while the D2 motorway, going in the north-south direction, connects it to Prague, Brno and Budapest in the north-south direction. The D4 motorway, which would ease the pressure on the city highway system, is mostly at the planning stage.

The A6 motorway to Vienna connects Slovakia directly to the Austrian motorway system and was opened on 19 November 2007.

The city's inner network of roadways is made on the radial-circular shape. Nowadays, Bratislava experiences a sharp increase in the road traffic, increasing pressure on the road network. There are about 200,000 registered cars in Bratislava, (approximately 2 inhabitants per car).

Bratislava's M. R. Štefánik Airport is the main international airport in Slovakia. It is located 9 kilometres north-east of the city centre. It serves civil and governmental, scheduled and unscheduled domestic and international flights. The current runways support the landing of all common types of aircraft currently used. Smaller airports served by passenger airlines include those in Košice and Poprad.

The Port of Bratislava is one of the two international river ports in Slovakia. The port connects Bratislava to international boat traffic, especially the interconnection from the North Sea to the Black Sea via the Rhine-Main-Danube Canal. Additionally, tourist lines operate from Bratislava's passenger port, including routes to Devín, Vienna and elsewhere.

Last edited by PeterKocis on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HarFRXtreme

HarFRXtreme

Aantal berichten : 45
Leeftijd : 27

PostSubject: Re: Slovakia- Bratislava   Slovakia- Bratislava EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 am

nice i like it Wink i really love the airport
Back to top Go down
PeterKocis

PeterKocis

Aantal berichten : 22

PostSubject: Re: Slovakia- Bratislava   Slovakia- Bratislava EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:38 am

HarFRXtreme wrote:
nice i like it Wink i really love the airport

yes, i will fly from Bratislava in june so i take some photos
Back to top Go down
TimFlightX
Admin
TimFlightX

Aantal berichten : 68

PostSubject: Re: Slovakia- Bratislava   Slovakia- Bratislava EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 am

maybe you can also record with a video recorder Smile That would be nice. Good job Wink

TimFlightX
Back to top Go down
https://flightxsim.forumactie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slovakia- Bratislava   Slovakia- Bratislava Empty

Back to top Go down

Slovakia- Bratislava
Page 1 of 1